01 May 2007

Geezer of the Week : Hironobu Sakaguchi



I must admit the recent interviews I've read with Sakaguchi cracks me up man. He's not afraid to just spill his guts. Here's why he's geezer of the week!

1. He came up with Final Fantasy. That's pretty sik
2. He's got an awesome moustache
3. But he's said some damn funny stuff. Here's some choice quotes

Well first, Xbox is a loser in Japan. (Laughter). So, I didn't want to make games for a system that did not sell.

Maybe it’ll take ten years (laughs) (IN REFERENCE TO HOW LONG IT'LL TAKE TO MAKE BLUE DRAGON A SUCCESSFUL FRANCHISE)

And we fixed some bugs. [laughs] (IN REFERENCE TO CHANGES TO ENGLISH VERSION OF BLUE DRAGON)

If you say "jump in" in Japanese. Jump in. It's not so cool in Japanese. (XBOX 360 MARKETING CAMPAIGN IN JAPAN)

"Do, do, do" is not so good either. [laughs] (THE NEXT XBOX 360 MARKETING SLOGAN IN JAPAN)

I'm willing to break them into pieces, crush them at my feet. [laughs] (HIS VIEWS OF WHAT HE WOULD DO IF FINAL FANTASY CAME TO XBOX 360)

The characters are bad. They look like dolls. (HIS TAKE ON WII SPORTS)

I'm not interested in the PlayStation 3. The machine's architecture is tricky, and I don't like Kutaragi (BWAHAHAHAHA)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bwahahahah he cracked me up big time bwhahahaah

Ricky said...

he basically bashed on 360, ps3 and also the wii, so is this guy planning to make his own console or is he quitting the industry?