27 April 2007

Movie Classic - Miller's Crossing



There are a lot of things to love about Miller's Crossing but for me its the crackling dialogue. Here's some of my favourites;

Tony: Wake up, Tommy.
Tom: I am awake.
Tony: Your eyes were shut.
Tom: Who're you gonna believe?

Tom: ...She sees the angle - which is you - and she plays it. She's a grifter, just like her brother. They probably had grifter parents and grifter grandparents and someday they'll each spawn little grifter kids.

Tom: She speaks highly of you.
Bernie: Yeah, well you stick by your family.

Leo: They took his hair, Tommy. Jesus that's strange. Why would they do that?
Tom: Maybe it was Injuns.

Verna:...Maybe that's why I like you, Tom. I've never met anyone made being a sonofabitch such a point of pride.

Bernie: Don't smart me. See, I wanna watch you squirm. I wanna see you sweat a little. And when you smart me, it ruins it.

and my most favourite

Bernie: Cause ethically he's kinda shakey

No comments: